Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jesus, Christ, Condemned, art, pyrography, woodburning, recycled, catholic, Pontius Pilate

Christ Condemned

 
Back in 1995 when I just started to do pyrography I did this piece of art work. It was never meant to be something that would be for sale to the public. At the time I did this art piece income was limited. I was working at a wood manufacturing plant. One of the components that was produced there were cabinet door fronts. This particular piece of wood had a corner torn off. since it was going to be discarded, I was allowed to take it home. I removed the bad part of the board and recycled the board into a piece of art work. On the back of the door panel I burnt this reproduction of the image of Jesus Christ being condemned to death by Pontius Pilate. The finished size of the art piece is 22 inches x 14 inches. The art piece has been professionally framed, the purchase price for this piece of art work is $300.00





 

No comments:

Post a Comment