Friday, November 2, 2012

Mistress of the Night, Fantasy art, woodburning

 
Prior to starting this art piece I had never retained the services of a live model or even had a formal photo shoot done before. Because of my inexperience in this area I put the poor girl through four hours of very uncomfortable poses. I like the way the project came together, with the model in the center of the cave entrance.
 
When I had the original idea for the art piece I knew I wanted the wings to be impressive, but not overpowering in comparison to the size of the model.
 
The skulls seemed to give the right feel to the art piece.
 
I had quite a few different weapons to use as props that the model posed with. These short swords worked well for this set up.

The size of the framed art piece is 28 inches X 26 inches the purchase price is $1,800.00


No comments:

Post a Comment